Twas the Night Before Christmas Book Tag!

I saw this amazing tag on Sam From NovelsandNonsense's Youtube Channel, and thought it only fitting that I post it on the Night Before Christmas!
Sam's Video


  1. "'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
    The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
    While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
    And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,
  •   Name a book that made you Fall asleep.
    •   This one Summer By: Mariko Tamaki
  1.    When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
  •   A Book or a book scene that made your heart race.
    •   Legend By: Marie Lu
    •   This whole series is full of a lot of tension and action scenes that you just cannot put it down until you know what will happen. One of my favorite dystopian books along side the Hunger Games.
  1.    Away to the window I flew like a flash,
    Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
    When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
    But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny rein-deer,
  •   Name a Magical book.
    •   The Black Prism By: Brent Weeks 
    •   This books magic systems is one of the more imaginative I have read, basing it on color and the strength of "glass" like material each can make. This is a must read series for everyone in the new year.
  1.    With a little old driver so lively and quick,
    I knew in a moment he must be St. Nick.
  •   Choose a twinkle eyed book character that made you happy. 
    •   Lady Vin (Mistborn By: Brandon Sanderson) 
    •   You all saw that coming right? Vin is a spunky and kick butt female character who is sassy and smart with that twinkle of mischief always present in her eye.
  1.    So up to the housetop the coursers they flew
    With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too—
  •   A book that made you fly to another land.
    •   The Shadow of the Wind By: Carlos Ruiz Zafon 
    •   This book took me to Spain in a sweeping motion! I love this book and its setting even though its setting is in a real place.
  1.    And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
    The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
  •   Name a book creature you love!
    •   Madox from Fire and Flood By: Victoria Scott
  1.    He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
    And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
  •   A character that proves to be more than his or her first impressions.
    •   Karu from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Lainy Taylor
  1.    He had a broad face and a little round belly
    That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.
  •   A book that made you laugh.
    •   Rat Queens Volume one By: Kurtis J Weib 
    •   The sass and honest dialog that these girls say through this graphic novel made me laugh for days just thinking about it.
  1.    A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
    Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;
  •   A book that makes you feel safe.
    •   Never Always Sometimes By: Adi Alsaid  
    •   The romance in this book gave me complete joy while reading it, and made me once again have faith that not all in the world is awful.
  1.    He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
    And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
  •   A book that you felt you really needed to concentrate on.
    •   Far From The Madding Crowd By: Thomas Hardy
    •   This book was not bad in any way, just very dense and slow going. 
  1.    “Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”
  •   Choose a book with a magnificent ending.
    •   The Well of Ascension By: Brandon Sanderson 
    •   I cannot say much to not spoil anything but the ending of this book was one of the best endings I have ever read in a trilogy.

Happy Holidays!

Ill be back tomorrow with yet another post! Possibly a small christmas haul, this post will go up after 8AM EST which is my normal posting time.

Comments

Popular Posts