The 2016 AJ Fikry Reading Challenge
A.J Fikry Reading Challenge 2016
Created By: Me, at MyBookishEmpire
In lou of just completing the novel, The Storied Life of AJ Fikry By: Gabriel Zevin I would like to make 2016 the year of short stories for me and whomever joins me... I am going to be reading the short stories that came at the front of each chapter this year to broaden my reading horizons. There is a Goodreads page set up to join in on the fun where we will be reading one or two stories a month and discussing them.
- Lamb to the Slaughter
- By:Roald Dahl
- The Diamond as big as the Ritz
- By:F Scott Fitzgerald
- The Luck of Roaring Camp
- By: Bret Harte
- What feels like the World
- By: Richard Bausch
- A Good Man is Hard to Find
- By: Flannery O'Connor
- The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County
- By:Mark Twain
- The Girls in Their Summer Dresses
- By:Irwin Shaw
- A Conversation with My Father
- By: Grace Paley
- A Perfect day for Bananafish
- By: JD Salinger
- The Tell Tale Heart
- By: Edgar Allen Poe
- By: Aimee Bender
- Moby Dick
- By: Hermin Melville
- This will be read because of the bar in town with all of the cocktails named after characters in this literary work, and one I feel we all should read.
These are the books that will be read in honor of The Storied Life of AJ Fikry throughout 2016, I have created a goodreads page for you all to join me if you like, and remember these are all short stories that are cheap or free on Kindle, Nook, or Kobo.
I hope to see some of you over on the Goodreads page for some well deserved conversation about these short stories, Threads will be posted as the months come.