The 2016 AJ Fikry Reading Challenge

A.J Fikry Reading Challenge 2016

Created By: Me, at MyBookishEmpire

In lou of just completing the novel, The Storied Life of AJ Fikry By: Gabriel Zevin I would like to make 2016 the year of short stories for me and whomever joins me... I am going to be reading the short stories that came at the front of each chapter this year to broaden my reading horizons. There is a Goodreads page set up to join in on the fun where we will be reading one or two stories a month and discussing them. 

The Stories: 
  1. Lamb to the Slaughter
    1. By:Roald Dahl
  2. The Diamond as big as the Ritz
    1. By:F Scott Fitzgerald
  3. The Luck of Roaring Camp
    1. By: Bret Harte
  4. What feels like the World
    1. By: Richard Bausch
  5. A Good Man is Hard to Find
    1. By: Flannery O'Connor
  6. The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County
    1. By:Mark Twain
  7. The Girls in Their Summer Dresses
    1. By:Irwin Shaw
  8. A Conversation with My Father
    1. By: Grace Paley
  9. A Perfect day for Bananafish
    1. By: JD Salinger
  10. The Tell Tale Heart 
    1. By: Edgar Allen Poe
  11. Ironhead
    1. By: Aimee Bender
  12. Moby Dick
    1. By: Hermin Melville
    2. This will be read because of the bar in town with all of the cocktails named after characters in this literary work, and one I feel we all should read.
These are the books that will be read in honor of The Storied Life of AJ Fikry throughout 2016, I have created a goodreads page for you all to join me if you like, and remember these are all short stories that are cheap or free on Kindle, Nook, or Kobo.

I hope to see some of you over on the Goodreads page for some well deserved conversation about these short stories, Threads will be posted as the months come.

Comments

  1. Moby Dick is not a short story......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Wil. Some good reads in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul! Emily I do know that Moby Dick is not a short story, however if you read this book you would see the importance of it to the novel, and that is why I want to read it in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts