Let's Discuss

Book To Film Adaptations


The Pros:
  • Assuming the director cast everyone to match the books, it's great!
  • You will get to see your favorite worlds come to life
  • You have a new way to experience the world

The Cons 
  • If done poorly the book series can loose its meaning
  • The public who don't read will not get to see the splendor that the author had intended.
  • The books will attain some bad rap for the film, though it may not reflect anything that the book had to say...
Good Film adaptations:
  1. The Hunger Games
  2. The Martian
  3. The Fault in Our Stars (Stayed close to the book but I didn't care much for it.)
  4. Harry Potter (ALL 8 Films)
  5. Game of Thrones
Questionable Adaptations:
  1. The Shannara Chronicles
  2. The Giver 
  3. The Great Gatsby (the newest one)

These are just a few of my opinions in this discussion, now I ask you all to respond and tell me some of your favorites and disappointments. Let 's get this conversation going in the comments...

Happy reading... Ill be back on Monday!

Comments

  1. Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe were all good, but Prince Caspian, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader not so much. I thought the HP movies were okay, but except for Dame Maggie Smith, all of the Hp characters looked different in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Gatsby is my jam =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily I have not read/ Seen many of those. Although I am hoping to watch more Sherlock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, I didn't like that movie at all because of the music it did not fit the roaring 20's theme it to me seemed more club like music...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts