Friday, January 29, 2016

Let's Discuss

Book To Film Adaptations


The Pros:
  • Assuming the director cast everyone to match the books, it's great!
  • You will get to see your favorite worlds come to life
  • You have a new way to experience the world

The Cons 
  • If done poorly the book series can loose its meaning
  • The public who don't read will not get to see the splendor that the author had intended.
  • The books will attain some bad rap for the film, though it may not reflect anything that the book had to say...
Good Film adaptations:
  1. The Hunger Games
  2. The Martian
  3. The Fault in Our Stars (Stayed close to the book but I didn't care much for it.)
  4. Harry Potter (ALL 8 Films)
  5. Game of Thrones
Questionable Adaptations:
  1. The Shannara Chronicles
  2. The Giver 
  3. The Great Gatsby (the newest one)

These are just a few of my opinions in this discussion, now I ask you all to respond and tell me some of your favorites and disappointments. Let 's get this conversation going in the comments...

Happy reading... Ill be back on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe were all good, but Prince Caspian, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader not so much. I thought the HP movies were okay, but except for Dame Maggie Smith, all of the Hp characters looked different in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Gatsby is my jam =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily I have not read/ Seen many of those. Although I am hoping to watch more Sherlock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, I didn't like that movie at all because of the music it did not fit the roaring 20's theme it to me seemed more club like music...

    ReplyDelete