- Does not really follow the book in any way except using the same names.
- Gives a spin on some backstory that readers are left guessing at...
- Show jumps around a lot, with some weird CGI moments
Show in General:
- The characters are cast very well, just as they are in the book!
- The setting of New Zealand pushes the fantastical elements over the top.
- Costumes, are epic! I want to be Alanon for Halloween just so I can find clothing to match his character...
- The Elfstones of Shannara is where I am at now/ started
- I am enjoying it a lot! The world is vast and the races are fascinating...
- I am really bummed that the books each follow different characters...
- I should be finishing this within the week!
- Book is good or better and the show is okay or mediocre
More Updates to come tomorrow when I see episode 2-3 and read more of the book.