This review is in part because of the onslaught of books that I keep attaining and in part to illustrate how useful an ereader can be. I personally love physical books, however I have been buying quite a few in the past months so I have become more focussed on using my Kindle to cut down on the physical mass of my TBR pile.
How I use my Kindle:
- If I am traveling...
- When I go home for college breaks it is easier to bring that aside from a bunch of books, although I do bring home books as well.
- When I want to find books cheaper on kindle I usually get them there as well
- The backlight is a savior!
- It is not like an LCD screen so it gives a soft light that does not hurt your eyes.
- You can essentially have thousands of books on there
- There is some very very basic web browsing capabilities
- It is small enough to fit almost anywhere
- Light enough you could forget you are carrying it!
- Battery Life is incredible, you can go weeks without a charge
I have had my PaperWhite for years now and I love the device, it is so easy to use and very affordable for an e-reader. All in all if you are wanting an E-reader I would say go for the PaperWhite, you won't regret it when you are able to read in the dark without waking your friends up with the light.