Short, Short Story
Lamb To Slaughter
By: Roald Dahl
- The characterisation while in this story was fine, it was not great; however as a short story they had me intrigued.
- Lack of emotions felt towards the characters however they were good examples of why not to trust the quiet and civilized humans.
- This was a fun short story, I may read it in the future although sadly it is not sold separately from the anthology called Skin anywhere.
- The story was a witty and gruesome tale from an author I expected none of that from!
Rating: 3 stars
Rip Van Winkle
By: Washington Irving
Page Count: 31
- Magical realism
- Relatable themes
- I found these characters to be brutally truthful and fitting of the tone that Irving was hitting at about the way the way the world changes.
- Caring for everyone involved in his life
- This story borders along the fantastical while still enveloping the social commentary and satire I like so much with Classical literature.
- This would be best listened to as an audible audiobook, because the period English really was bothering me
Rating: 5 stars