Six Of Crows
By: Leigh Bardugo
Click Play: This is what I listened to the whole time while reading this novel, and it added a new depth for the reading experience.
Plot: "Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. (Goodreads)
- This novel has some very entertaining characters in it, with a very broad scope encompassing some two continents that we have seen in the Grisha Trilogy!
- These characters are fun, spunky and realistic...
- Some of my favorite aspects of the novel include the snarky remarks that are said by these characters.
- " 'Well, we've managed to get ourselves locked into the most secure prison in the world. We're either geniuses or the dumbest sons of bitches to ever breathe air.'"(Bardugo,282)
- The writing is something that is fluid and easy to read!
- Anyone can immerse themselves in the story within a few pages.
- While this world can be expansive and fun, I feel like readers will only get the full effect if they have read and grasped the Grisha Trilogy before reading this book!
- Otherwise seeing the scope of the world created in her previous books was immense and imaginative, I cannot wait to see more!
Rating: ****/***** 4.5/5