Booktube SFF Babbles

Awards Reading Progress

This is a post that I  have been doing for the entirety of the Booktube SFF Awards, and todays post was to update you all on my progress in reading the shortlist!


Books I Have Read: 
  1. Illuminae By: Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
    1. I loved this book! It was a fun and fast paced adventure with many new and exciting digital typography effects that I have never seen before. I am hoping that this one will win the YA category right now.
    2. My Review of Illuminae
  2. Carry On By:Rainbow Rowell
    1. I enjoyed this book, I really thought that the author handled the topics of sexuality well and she had a fun take on all the usual fantasy tropes!
    2. Carry On Review
  3. Binti By: Nnedi Okorafor
    1. I thought this novella was a fun space romp with some new cultures that I would have loved to hear more about. However I do not know if this novella was for me in the end... I enjoyed it yes but it left me almost confused and angered that we did not have a whole book about the main characters events at Oomza University.
  4. A Darker Shade of Magic By: VE Schwab 
    1. This book was fun and fast paced with a hint of amazing coats! I thouroughly loved this book when I read it last year and can remember almost everything that hapened even to this day, which says something because I do not often remember all the details of a book!
    2. A Darker Shade of Magic Review
  5. Shadows of Self By: Brandon Sanderson
    1. This book I completed the day the readalongs started! I love Sanderson's writing and characters he is phenomenal so obviously I loved this book. However I did feel this one was more of a perfect book than the first book in the series was, The Alloy of Law. This tied up loose ends and brought in some unique plot lines tying everything back to the original Mistborn Trilogy, that made this book even better!
    2. Shadows of Self Review (Spoilers may be present)
  6. Descenders Vol. 1 By: Jeff Lemire 
    1. This was mindblowing! the artwork had me spellbound and intrigued from the start and the plot was a fun and quirky romp through space trying to find this companion robot, I cannot wait for volume two to be released!
    2. Review to come!...

My Plans for the rest of the readalongs:
  • The Fifth Season By NK Jemisin 
    • This is my current read, I hope to have this done by the end of next week.
  • Uprooted By Naomi Novik 
    • I intend to star this when I finish The Fifth Season and plow though it! 
  • All the short works I am saving for around the time I have finals and I know I will not be able to focus on longer novels. 
  • The graphic works to be honest I will read Nimona soon, and the first two volumes of the Wicked and the Divine, however I am skeptical about reading Saga because I would have to read volumes 1-5 and I dont know if I will have time. I am trying my hardest to get through everything! 
So that was my babbling thoughts about what I have left to read for Booktube SFF, hope you all are reading some amazing books and I'll be back tomorrow with another regularly scheduled bookish post, perhaps a review of Descenders Volume one! 

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts