Allegiant Movie RANT!
Be warned, SPOILERS below for the book and movie!
- The movie omitted large scenes from the book and changed the ending entirely!
- Things omitted:
- Tris's death
- The stone statue with water dripping on it in the "outer world"
- The character Uriah
- Peter's mind being wiped and his hilarious escapade!
- Changes made:
- Tris and David meet the council of the bureau in Providence RI!
- Four is more anst filled!
- General small changes that just dig under my skin....
- My view of this movie:
- This movie would be fine on its own, although as a companionto the book it is sub par.
- This franchise I personally feel is just pulling in the money from loyal book lovers.
- I am unaware if this franchise bought the rights outright or if they have input from Veronica Roth.
- If they bought the rights out then I can see some changes, though this much of a dramatic change you need to tell people it, I can only say that the only similarrity is the characters names.
- This movie just makes me mad that they changed so much throughout the story and tried to create a new story.
All in all this movie will be good if you are not a stickler for movies following their books, if you are a stickler it is going to be almost painful to watch...