Tag

NY Times by the Book!


I have seen this tag all over youtube, and would love to give my answers here! I saw this on Max from WellDoneBooks on youtube and I thought it was brilliant, unfortunately I do not know who created this tag. This tag literally takes the NY Times questions that are asked to authors and allows us to answer them in the book community!

The Tag!:
  1. What book is on your nightstand right now?
    1. The Fifth Season By: NK Jemisin 
      1. I am reading this for the booktube SFF and am loving this so far I cannot wait to see the story unfold on the page!
    2. A Brief History of Seven Killings By: Marlon James 
      1. I began this book on my way back to school from spring break, this book has begun to hit me in the gut with the atmosphere and hard hitting style of patoix. 
  2. What was the last truly great book you read?
    1. Illuminae By: Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
      1. This is not something that has a hard hitting literary device, or in depth story although the typography and ideas of sentient AI's and love. This book blew me away with the character development and action it held with this unique story telling style.
  3. If you could meet any writer, dead or alive who would it be, and what would you ask them?
    1. I would love to meet Harper Lee.
      1. I would not ask her anything, I would just love to chat with her and tell her how much To Kill a Mockingbird has impacted me and just thank her for writing it.
  4. What books might we be surprised to see on your shelves?
    1. We Should all Be Feminists By: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 
      1. This is something that I am not used to reading anything in the feminist genre or really the literary genre so I am trying to branch out into these genres and give my blog a bit of diversity.
  5. How do you organize your personal library?
    1. I tend to try to keep my books segregated by author and then hardcovers and paperbacks.
  6. What book have you been meaning to read for a while, but have yet to read?
    1. Persuasion By: Jane Austen 
      1. This is a classic and an author that I have meant to read for many years, I just need to stop and try to read what I want, and not what I feel like I should, i.e keeping up with new releases.
  7. Disappointing, over-rated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t?
    1. I feel like the last book that I did not truly like it would have to be Binti By: Nnedi Okorafor, I feel like it was seriously lacking length and a form of character development.
  8. What kind of stories are you drawn to? What do you stay clear of?
    1. I am drawn to the longer heavily character development plots, set in locations that are exotic and completely different from where I live now.
    2. I try to stay away from straight up romance novels, they just don't interest me they also can portray very unhealthy relationships.
  9. If you could require the President read one book, what would you recommend?
    1. I would recommend that he read The Martian By: Andy Wier, because I feel that he would need the enjoyment and fun that this book encompasses in order to unwind.
  10. What book are you planning to read next? 
    1. I really would love to focus on A Brief History of Seven Killings By: Marlon James.


Comments

Popular Posts