Descender Vol. 1
By: Jeff Lemire
This book is a space chase at its finest! Mystery and intrigue lace the pages along with the most amazing artwork I have ever seen in a graphic novel!
- The plot of this graphic novel is riveting and very fun to read!
- Graphics in this book are stunning watercolors that will make you envious of the illustrator, Dustin Nguyen has.
- The characters are funny and quirky to say the least.
- Each character has a distinct voice and style of speaking in this book which I thought was a good point of this because I am not always able to distinguish the voices of characters in a graphic work.
- Unique, quirky and cool.
- Distinct voices paired with kitchy and cool ways to move the plot line forward.
- This being the first volume of hopefully many I can see that this is a great set up and introduction to all of the characters in the story.
- The scavengers are despicable and gross even in the best of light.
- The Bots are fun and cool, in particular the destroyer bot who wants to kill all humans.
- Tim-21 is something that I can see being developed in the future for society so that the elderly would never actually be alone.
- If I am able to live to that age I would love to see these technologies brought into our world, although the ideas are unique and slightly ethically wrong when you are talking about giving robots a sentient state of mind.
- This artwork is very fluid and unique.
- I have been unable to find a graphic novel illustrated with such a large amount of detail.
- STUNNING! Case and Point!