Songs and Books

Danika Portz Tag!
Original 


This was an idea that I had when the singer song writer Danika Portz came to my University a few weeks ago. Her music combines the heart and soul of country music and the spunk and fun of pop. These are her songs combined with some bookish questions! I will link all of her AMAZING songs down below.

Greatest Show on Earth

  • Name your favorite book to film adaptation. 
    • The Game of Thrones HBO show, I have only been watching the first season until I read the sequel. This is one of the best adaptations that sticks very close to the books, which is always great when a book does that. 
That's What You Get
  • Name a book that left you hanging and wanting more. 
    • The Long Way to A Small Angry Planet, by: Becky Chambers
      • This book did not leave the reader on a cliff hanger, I just was craving more from this world and these characters! 
Set this World On Fire
  • Name a book that made you feel empowered and ready to take on anything.
    • The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
      • This book is sad and somber, however the ending and the determination of our young main character allows the reader to root for him and have some shred of faith in humanity when the book is done. Absolutely recommend everyone picks this one up.
Hurry Home
  • Name your favorite fictional crush who you want to "Hurry Home" to you. 
    • Lady Vin from the Mistborn trilogy, you guys know how much I fell for Vin and those books so it should not surprise you at all. 
Just Try and Stop Me
  • Name a book that you are determined to read.
    • Oddly enough my pick for this is Ulysses by James Joyce. I am sure you are all very confused as to why I want to read this behemoth, but the reason I want to read this is because of all the people who tell me it is too difficult.
And He Is Waiting 
  • Name a favorite pairing between characters. 
    • The couple from Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. These characters are great together and show just how much love can survive through, it if a sci-fi that everyone should get to!
Feet Run Out
  • Name a book that made you want to travel.
    • Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid 
      • This book is about a road trip and all of the peculiar things that happen along the way and I just wanted to jump in my car and drive to see where life would take me!
You can find the rest of her songs on Youtube, at



I hope you guys love her music as much as I do, I will be back later this week with some more bookish fun. 

Happy Reading!









                                                          



Comments

Popular Posts