How I keep my Books...
So I recently saw the video on TheWordsOfAReader on Youtube, she speaks of how she keeps her books in near perfect condition. This video caught me off guard and made me think of how well I intend on keeping my books and got me thinking and curious about how you all keep yours?
How I keep mine:
- This is the condition I strive to keep my books in, I really love the way a clean and crisp book looks on the shelf. Equally though I love the way a used and very tattered collection looks like.
- I love the way a tattered shelf looks like because it is showing a unique state that no other book will have in the world. However I physically cannot bring myself to dogear or break my spines on my books it give me anxiety to even think about it.
- I have a particular order I like to keep my books in for an aesthetic reason, and nothing more. I organize by color and height on occasion, with authors and series lined up together.
- I have many editions and size formats, all of which are segragated to their own positions on the shelf but I love the variety and style my Bookcases can have when I put in the effort to clean them up.
- In short I am very picky about how my books are kept and displayed, not to the point that I completely obsess over it though. The idea of having a great collection makes me extremely happy however it sometimes hinders how I read large paperback books.
- What condition do you keep your books in?
- Why do you keep them this way, does the wear add to the "charm" for your shelves?
- Do you tend to break the spines and bend the pages, or do you buy them very used?
Please respond to these questions in the comments box bellow, I would love to know about how you keep your books...
Happy Reading :)