The Unread Books Tag!
Everyone knows a well read person, or book lover in general loves the act of collecting books as much as we love reading them. Today I have decided to go through the Unread Books Tag and let you know just how much I love collecting books as well as reading them!
You should know:
- I love buying books as a relaxation tool. Browsing bookshops is always calming.
- I love finding the most beautiful editions of books even if I have a perfectly fine reading copy.
- I will always be buying books that I am excited about when I see them, regardless of having so many more to read already.
- I am unashamedly a book collector and lover!
- How many read and unread books do you have?
- Read: 121 (roughly)
- Unread: 200+ (Rough estimate again)
- I have been meaning to do a recataloging of my library one of these rainy days that we have I will do that and update this post.
- Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
- Anansi Boys By: Neil Gaiman
- I do not know why this one is still unread and on my shelf, I have had it for atleast 3 years and never picked it up. I loved The Graveyard Book that Gaiman wrote and I picked this one to read after; however I then found out that I need to read American Gods first and I just have not yet picked that one up to read.
- Number one book on your TBR that you want to read, but have not gotten to yet?
- The Wiseman's Fear By: Patrick Rothfuss. I loved The Name of the Wind which was book one, but these books intimidate me and make me not want to read them every single time I see their size! I love the in depth character development that happens in long books, however due to my slow reading speed I am leary of reading the longer books which I know will take me quite some time to complete.
- A book that you want to read more than anything but do not own yet?
- Nevernight By: Jay Kristoff. This book comes out later this fall so of course I do not own it, but it is very very very high up on my to buy list!
- A book you do not remember buying and have not read yet?
- There are not any books that I do not remember buying, however I am very sad at how many books I have on my shelf that have been sitting around for years to be read and appretiated.
- A book you do not think you will read but have not gotten rid of yet?
- I actually just did an UNHAUL at a local bookstore not even 20 minutes ago and got rid of Grasshopper Jungle By: Andrew Smith. I think I may find this book to be fun and enjoyable, however if it is just fun and nothing memorable I do not want to waste time on it.
- A book you feel guilty for not having read yet?
- The 4-7 Harry Potter books By: JK Rowling. Just let that sink in that I have not completed my generations most iconic book series of all time. I know I know, do not kill me or spoil me! I will be reading them eventually I do promise you guys that!
- A book series that you have heard about non-stop but have no interest in reading?
- Outlander By: Dianna Gabaldon. This series seems very long and too romance heavy for me to ever fall in love with enough to complete.
- Steve Donoghue (Youtube)
- Kaitlin (Kitty G on YouTube)
- Rachael (Kalanadi on YouTube)
- Thomas (SFF180 on YouTube)
The Original Creator of the tag was Dani of YABookaholic!
Thank you all for reading! I will have a review of Hex By: Thomas Olde Heuvelt up and live for Friday morning at 8am, so stay tuned! Check out the Youtube Channel I have created if you want some bonus content!