Saga Review

Saga Graphic Novels
by: Brian K Vaughn, Fiona Staples


I recently completed Saga Volumes 1-5, for the Booktube SFF Awards. I am surprised and happy to have read these books! I will be doing a general review of the series today with little to no spoilers.

Plot: 
"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. " (Goodreads)

Characters:


  1. I love all of these characters in these volumes! 
    1. Some of my favorite include Marko, Alana, and Gus (the sea lion)
  2. Realistic choices on behalf of starcross lovers trope that is portrayed, which I really loved.
  3. These characters are both playful and uniquely witty
  4. I personally related to Marko most in this series so far, with his undying and steady love for Alana regardless of what others think. My relationship is built on similar grounds of love without caring what others think, NOT the intergalactic space chase and possible deaths :)
Art Style: 
  • As seen on the covers of the issues, the art style is absolutely stunning! 
  • I love all of the bright colors and stark contrasts that the art gives to each image. 
  • I really enjoy the depiction of the characters in this, they are both whimsical and eerily humanoid. 
    • My favorite character to see drawn on the page is the main male lead, Marko.
  • This does have some "graphic/Explicit" artwork inside, something you should be aware of if you are younger than 16. 
General Thoughts: 
  • Absolutely loved the series as a whole so far, however volume 4 is my favorite plot driven trade paperback. 
  • The trades are well printed on glossy and rich paper that will hold up on many re-reads! 
    • Which I will be doing probably every time a new trade is released!
  • Everyone over 16 NEEDS this in their collection, for both the story and the plot. 
Series Rating: 4.5/5 stars 
For individual ratings please look at my Goodreads page! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next one in the series.

Happy Reading!

Let me know what some of your favorite graphic novels are, I need some more ongoing series in my life :)!

Comments

Popular Posts