Book Buying

Recent Purchases:
I have bought a few books this past week. Mostly I wont lie because school has been so stressful and these are my reward for getting through these up coming exams. I have bought all of them from  Triftbooks.com so I spent total maybe $35 dollars on the lot.
  • I know my book ban says one book for every few I read but I caved this time because of stress at school, up to this point it has worked. 
  • I will be going back to that same read two books buy one ban now, however I needed a pick me up.... :)
The Books!:
  • 20th Century: Ulysses (The Corrected Text)
    • Twentieth Century Classics
    • By: James Joyce
    • Plot:"Two characters, Stephen Dedalus and Leopold Bloom, go about their separate business, crossing paths with a gallery of indelible Dubliners. We watch them teach, eat, stroll the streets, argue, and (in Bloom's case) masturbate. And thanks to the book's stream-of-consciousness technique--which suggests no mere stream but an impossibly deep, swift-running river--we're privy to their thoughts, emotions, and memories."
    • $4.56
  • Washington Irving: Brakebridge Hall, Tales of a Traveller, The Alhambra 
    • Library of America Edition
    • This is a collection of Irvings novels and I recently read Rip Van Winkle and fell in love with the style and his tone, so I couldn't wait to get more from him!
    • $3.79
  • Leaves of Grass 
    • By: Walt Whitman
    • I did see this in the shop the other day, I was curious as to what it was but not at full price. When I saw it on ThriftBooks for only a few dollars I decided to jump on the deal!
    • $4.43

  • Ulysses (Penguin Modern Classics Edition)
      • By: James Joyce
      • The plot is the same as the edition above, the reason I purchased two was to see which I like better and then with the second I will hold a giveaway for.
      • $4.47
      • Walden & Other Writings (Modern Library Edition)
        • By: Henry David Thoreau
        • Plot:"Introduction by Ralph Waldo EmersonCommentary by Van Wyck Brooks and E. B. White Naturalist, philosopher, champion of self-reliance and moral independence, Henry David Thoreau remains not only one of our most influential writers but also one of our most contemporary."
        • $12.00 (New)
      • The Call of the Wild & Other writings (Oxford Library Edition)
        • By: Jack London
        • Plot:"In addition to The Call of the Wild, the epic tale of a Californian dog's adventures during the Klondike gold rush, this edition includes White Fang, and five famous short stories - `Bâtard', `Moon-Face', `Brown Wolf', `That Spot', and `To Build a Fire'.
        • $4.44
      These are all books that I want to read within my lifetime, although this summer I am going to attempt Ulysses so we will see how well that goes :) 
      I am going to be praying that these are the editions that come to me, they are what was specified on the website. Although Triftbooks is known to send me the wrong editions from what they have listed. 


      Hoping everyone has a Great Reading filled Day and week, I will see you all on Friday with a new post!
      Don't forget to enter the Allomancer Me Giveaway! It ends very soon, Giveaway post is in the older posts (http://mybookishempire.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-allomancer-me.html)

      Comments

      Popular Posts