Currently Reading

July 6th Currently Reading!

Hello everybody! 
I have decided to do weekly currently reading posts here on the blog so that you all can keep up to date with my reading progress throughout this crazy crazy month of reading chaos. I have been reading Hex by: Thomas Olde Heuvelt for the past week to prepare for a very exciting interview I will have the privilege of doing with him next week when he stops at a local bookshop! I am absolutely loving this book, it is funny and chilling with some great characters woven throughout! I will be finishing Hex today, July 6th and moving on to Voices of Fire by: Alan Moore. Next week I will have a typed blog post interview with Thomas, and if all goes well I will have a video interview scheduled to come out later in the month to help promote this awesome book. 

Hex by: Thomas Olde Heuvelt 

Plot: "Whoever is born here, is doomed to stay 'til death. Whoever settles, never leaves.


Welcome to Black Spring, the seemingly picturesque Hudson Valley town haunted by the Black Rock Witch, a 17th century woman whose eyes and mouth are sewn shut. Muzzled, she walks the streets and enters your homes at will. She stands next to your bed for nights on end. Everybody knows that her eyes may never be opened.

The elders of Black Spring have virtually quarantined the town by using high-tech surveillance to prevent their curse from spreading. Frustrated with being kept in lockdown, the town's teenagers decide to break their strict regulations and go viral with the haunting, but in so doing send the town spiraling into the dark, medieval practices of the past." (Goodreads)

Purchase the Book: Amazon , BookDepository 

Info:
Publisher: Tor
Page Count: 448
Publication Date: April 2016 
Language: Originally in Dutch, now in English!

I would recommend that everyone pick this book up if they get the chance to see it in stores! I did not think I would be able to handle a horror novel, however I found at times that it was more of a humor book than horror. This mixture of horror and humor make for an incredibly enjoyable read. This book WILL hook you and take you for a wild ride!

What is Up Next on the blog: 
  • Try a Genre Recommendation post
  • Author interviews!
  • Reading update!
  • Hex Review
  • Bookish Pet Peeves (Youtube & Blog post) 
  • How I rate books
  • Book Apocalypse Tag
  • Books I cannot wait for Fall 2016(Wishlist) 

Happy Reading!

Tweet me @komondor70 to let me know what you are reading this week! Have you read Hex, if you have what were your thoughts on such a unique book? 

Comments

Popular Posts