Weekly Plans!

Weekly Plans: 
3-6-17

Hey Guys! 

I am so sorry that I did not have a post up as usual on Monday. I was super busy with school all day and when I sat down to write the post on Monday evening in my bed I just fell asleep. The true struggle of a Uni blogger and reader, sleep trumps all past times. Anyway regardless of the reason that I missed Monday's post, I am here today to tell you all what I will be reading this week, and hopefully completing! This segment has become a staple on the blog to let you know what I am going to be reading and my goals for the week, let me know down below if you do not want to see these so often. 

This week is going to be a rather chill week as far as assignments go, which hopefully can transfer into having a great reading week. That being said, I do have an Organic Chemistry 2 exam next week that I will need to prepare for as well. I am going to shoot for reading one and a half books this week in total. This may be ambicious however I have to read quite rapidly for the next few months to stay on top of the Booktube SFF Awards shortlist read-a-longs. 

The first book I intend to complete this week is Neil Gaiman's new book Norse Mythology; this is a compilation of his rendition of each story surrounding the Norse Gods. I knew nothing about the Norse Gods going into this book on a whim yesterday, Monday, and now I am attached and enjoying every page! This is not your typical Gaiman book, as it reads with a fast pace and does not spend copious amounts of time describing the world, this is something that I love about this book. It is going to be just a great booster book for me to read this week.  I am currently on page 94 of 283, this is something that I can surely finish this week as it reads so quickly and my enjoyment is through the roof while reading it. 

The second book that I intend to finish this week is Furthermore by: Tahereh Mafi, this is her latest
middle grade novel that was nominated for the Booktube SFF Awards. This is one that I am bound to enjoy regardless of the plot if it is anything like her previous series (Shatter Me). Tahereh's writing is richly rewarding and a joy to immerse yourself in, her style includes poetic language and often times copious metaphors. This book is one that I am anticipating to have a faster pace than her previous books and less poetic language, fingers crossed it is still enjoyable. This book is a total length of 401 pages... This may not be completed completely during the work week, however I will have the utmost enjoyment attempting to complete these books!

Please let me know what you are all reading for this week, and if you have any tips for how to read whilst in Uni...

Happy Reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts