I know that this week and blogging has been very sparse and sporadic, however I am trying my hardest to keep this going on a regular basis. I am back right now today to show you what I will be aiming to read through this week even though it is a chaotic and crazy week. I am going to go back to my bland and predictable reading schedule to leap back into Jerusalem by: Alan Moore! This as we all know was sent to me by the wonderful people at Liveright publishing, I have begun to work my way through some new books this week as well:
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics
- by: Marisha Pessl
- Page Count: 514
- By what I have gathered so far about this book, it follows a girl through a grand sweeping mystery that weaves a cozy mystery in with the literary world. I found this book literally lying on a bench yesterday, with a note saying read me, so I picked it up and began reading. With the chapter headings pertaining to famous authors and their work, along with the novel's comfortable and relaxing atmosphere I am thoroughly taken by this novel!
- The Blinding Knife
- by: Brent Weeks
- Page Count: 628
- I know this is going to be a fast and fun book! This is the sequel to The Black Prism which I read last year and could not get enough of. The fourth novel in this series, The Blood Mirror is coming out on October 25th 2016. I am eager to delve back in with Weeks' lovely world and very gripping characters for another twisting ride down the tragic trail of this series.
Those are the only two new books that I may pick up this week. I am still working my way through the many other books I have been reading over the past few weeks, and I will need to push through and complete something soon to share my thoughts with you all! I am extremely close on a novel to being completed with:
- by: Peter S. Beagle
- Page Count: 236
- I am enjoying this so far, however I feel as though my choppy in and out reading pace may have hindered my potential love for this book. I will report in soon with a review.
I promise that I am reading and I am going to make my way through this rough patch of reading and work! I will make the most out of this scenario. I am off to read now for a while before class.
- Let me know what you are reading or have been reading recently?