Author Spotlight: Anne Rice

Author Spotlight: 
Anne Rice

Biography: 
PC Goodreads.com 
"Anne Rice (born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien) is a best-selling American author of gothic, supernatural, historical, erotica, and later religious themed books. Best known for The Vampire Chronicles, her prevailing thematical focus is on love, death, immortality, existentialism, and the human condition. She was married to poet Stan Rice for 41 years until his death in 2002. Her books have sold nearly 100 million copies, making her one of the most widely read authors in modern history.

She uses the pseudonym Anne Rampling for adult-themed fiction (i.e., erotica) and A.N. Roquelaure for fiction featuring sexually explicit sado-masochism." (Goodreads.com)

Bibliography: 
  • The Vampire Chronicles 
    • This series has about 12 books in the current series, and it is still ongoing. 
  • Wolf Gift 
    • There are only two books out in this series. Though I am hoping that she is going to re-visit this world soon because my love for this series is very strong. 
  • Christ the Lord
    • This series has only two books in the series. 
  • Songs of the Seraphim 
    • This series only has two current books in the series. 
  • New Tales of the Vampires
    • This series which I believe is on going has two novels out currently, though I think Anne will re-visit this world someday. 
  • The Mayfair Witches 
    • This is a trilogy that she wrote surrounding the witch and Wicca culture, one of the series that I am anxious to begin of hers! 
  • Including eight other single standalone novels...
A total of thirty one books in total and the infamous author is still writing her way through life :)

My Experience: 
As with many authors that we read, we all have different views and opinions about their work and how we enjoy it; which is a large reason for why I read. Connections with an author's style and or characters can be seen as an enjoyable act of relaxation, however there are some authors who we read that immerse us from page one and do not let go until the story is done; that is Anne Rice. We all have those authors that we love and enjoy their work to no end, however there is often times only one that we have a major connection with a story or life changing event, Anne Rice is my life changing author. I read as you all will know for fun and enjoyment, however Anne's books and uncanny writing style came into my life in a fun way, forever imprinting her work onto my mind only as she can.

 I read Anne Rice first a few years ago when I had just started dating my current girlfriend, and she went away for a bi-annual trip to her extended family's home out west. Being away from her or having a fear that we would not be able to find anything to talk about, I pulled a random book out of my library and asked if she would like to read it with me while she was away (a novel idea I thought). However later to my demise it was not the first "buddy read" to happen. She agreed to buy a copy and read it while she was away so that we could converse about it when we called one an other. This book scared the living daylights out of the two of us while we read it, however to me it helped to bring us closer even though we were separated by over 1,000 miles of open road. This shared feeling of terror and hopelessness that we felt through her novel The Wolf Gift brought us together to embrace the distance and take comfort in each other's voice when we had time to speak about the haunting events going on in this book. This is a simple connection that I have to Anne Rice and her glorious writing style and lusciously rich writing style.

This connection that I have with Anne Rice is something that I will never be able to forget within all of my days of reading. I am going to slowly begin plowing through the bulk of her novels that she has written thus far. I am hoping to get started on The Vampire Chronicles by October 30th 2016 and then progress through them in the coming months! Do you all have an author that you are connected with, as I am with the amazing and ever prolific Anne Rice? 

Links: 
Please everyone I am urging you to go out and pick up something written by this wonderful author of horror. She is able to weave a characters and stories together that will make your head spin! Her love for the craft of story telling really shows in the quality of writing and world building which makes me overjoyed every time I pick up a new novel written by her. 

Happy Reading! 
Chat to you all soon, gotta run to go read more for this week's ambitious goals!




Comments

Popular Posts