This month is going to be full of fun books and an awesome array of books. This month I have a few books that I am hoping to start and hopefully finish. This month is the month where I have a large end of the term break from university and I will have almost an entire month to slow down and enjoy books and family time, during which time I intend to read a ton!
This month there are some fun readathons, and read-a-longs that will be happening and I intend to complete as many of them as possible! These events include the third annual,
This is a readathon where everyone tries to read all of the Harry Potter books and watch all of the movies during the month of December since these books evoke such a great feeling of joy and Christmas cheer. I as is suggested will be attempting to read the entire series! This may be a bit of a stretch, though I feel as though it is something that I need to do seeing as I am nearly 20 and I have yet to complete the series. This I know is almost sacrilege amongst the bookish community however it is something that I really would like to read them ASAP to avoid any future spoilers and experience the stories that so many people have fallen in love with. To be clear I am indeed adding:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
These books are all written by J.K Rowling as many people know. I think we all understand who wrote these astonishing books that have defined my generation.
This is a read-a-long of The Lord of The Rings by: JRR Tolkien. this book series is yet another wildly popular series that I have not yet completed. This book is hosted by Reads and Daydreams which is a YouTube channel that I love! I read The Hobbit over two years ago and I really enjoyed it, however I was not in the mood for another incredibly slow burning book at the time so I did not read them. I now have changed my mind set about reading to reflect a slightly more morbid outlook; we are not guaranteed tomorrow so we should slow down and enjoy the books and days we have. In this new philosophy I have decided to actually take the time and read these chunky classic fantasy novels that I know are loved by so many. I will be reading the entire series:
- The Fellowship of the Ring
- The Two Towers
- The Return of the King
All of which are by: JRR Tolkien. This series is something of an epic slow burning masterpiece, though I found myself immersed once I began them yesterday on December 1st.
And there is also going to be the BookTubeAthon happening closer to Christmas Eve, though for that I will try to continue with these books or jump into some shorter books that I fancy at that time. There also will be the #Cramathon going on, which is done to help people get through the books that they need to in order to complete there Goodreads goal for the year. I fortunately seem to be on track to complete my challenge for the year of 52 books, however I still would love to break this goal!
The Rest of the Books:
- Les Miserables by:Victor Hugo
- This is one book that I have been wanting to watch for so long and with this new found attitude to take the time and relax with those books I am putting off this is surely one I want to start here in the month of December.
- Another Day in the Death Of America by: Gary Younge
- This is an incredible powerful non-fiction book about the state of gun violence in America, a topic I am truly behind on. I really need to become aware of my countries issues instead of ignoring them and working as though they are not happening.
- Jerusalem by: Alan Moore
- A Closed and Common Orbit by: Becky Chambers
- I read The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet last December and it was the first book that I finished in 2016, so I see this only as appropriate to finish the year with the sequel to it! Also I am in the mood for some more light-hearted sci-fi.
Let us hope that I will be able to get through this month with all of the books on my TBR. I will have another post up tomorrow for a recent book that is amazing and I think is in the running for a yearly favorite!
Share in the comments what you are reading this month, I would love to know.