TBR Time!

December 2016
TBR

Hello everyone! 

This month is going to be full of fun books and an awesome array of books. This month I have a few books that I am hoping to start and hopefully finish. This month is the month where I have a large end of the term break from university and I will have almost an entire month to slow down and enjoy books and family time, during which time I intend to read a ton! 

This month there are some fun readathons, and read-a-longs that will be happening and I intend to complete as many of them as possible! These events include the third annual, 

#HarryXMasToYou: 

This is a readathon where everyone tries to read all of the Harry Potter books and watch all of the movies during the month of December since these books evoke such a great feeling of joy and Christmas cheer. I as is suggested will be attempting to read the entire series! This may be a bit of a stretch, though I feel as though it is something that I need to do seeing as I am nearly 20 and I have yet to complete the series. This I know is almost sacrilege amongst the bookish community however it is something that I really would like to read them ASAP to avoid any future spoilers and experience the stories that so many people have fallen in love with. To be clear I am indeed adding: 
  1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  6. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 
These books are all written by J.K Rowling as many people know. I think we all understand who wrote these astonishing books that have defined my generation. 


#LOTRathon

This is a read-a-long of The Lord of The Rings by: JRR Tolkien. this book series is yet another wildly popular series that I have not yet completed. This book is hosted by Reads and Daydreams which is a YouTube channel that I love! I read The Hobbit over two years ago and I really enjoyed it, however I was not in the mood for another incredibly slow burning book at the time so I did not read them. I now have changed my mind set about reading to reflect a slightly more morbid outlook; we are not guaranteed tomorrow so we should slow down and enjoy the books and days we have. In this new philosophy I have decided to actually take the time and read these chunky classic fantasy novels that I know are loved by so many. I will be reading the entire series: 
  1. The Fellowship of the Ring 
  2. The Two Towers 
  3. The Return of the King
All of which are by: JRR Tolkien. This series is something of an epic slow burning masterpiece, though I found myself immersed once I began them yesterday on December 1st. 

And there is also going to be the BookTubeAthon happening closer to Christmas Eve, though for that I will try to continue with these books or jump into some shorter books that I fancy at that time. There also will be the #Cramathon going on, which is done to help people get through the books that they need to in order to complete there Goodreads goal for the year. I fortunately seem to be on track to complete my challenge for the year of 52 books, however I still would love to break this goal!

The Rest of the Books: 
  1. Les Miserables by:Victor Hugo
    1. This is one book that I have been wanting to watch for so long and with this new found attitude to take the time and relax with those books I am putting off this is surely one I want to start here in the month of December. 
  2. Another Day in the Death Of America by: Gary Younge
    1. This is an incredible powerful non-fiction book about the state of gun violence in America, a topic I am truly behind on. I really need to become aware of my countries issues instead of ignoring them and working as though they are not happening. 
  3. Jerusalem by: Alan Moore 
  4. A Closed and Common Orbit by: Becky Chambers 
    1. I read The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet last December and it was the first book that I finished in 2016, so I see this only as appropriate to finish the year with the sequel to it! Also I am in the mood for some more light-hearted sci-fi.

Let us hope that I will be able to get through this month with all of the books on my TBR. I will have another post up tomorrow for a recent book that is amazing and I think is in the running for a yearly favorite! 

Happy Reading! 

Share in the comments what you are reading this month, I would love to know.

Comments

Popular Posts