October TBR

October TBR:

So as you all will know if you have been with my blog for a few years, in the colder months October- February is when I get a large portion of my reading. So we are in that time window right now! Get ready for a multitude of reviews and very exciting posts coming soon! This month I am carrying over three books and I will fill the rest with a wide selection so I can choose, however it is likely that not all of these will be completed in October.

I know it is ambitious, and quite daunting but I have faith in myself.

 Review Books: 
  • Jerusalem by: Alan Moore
    • I am halfway done with this book, if I get a weekend soon I will wrap it up very quickly! Again I was kindly sent the ARC by the publisher Liveright, so thanks to them I am able to read and review it for you all!
    • Do not forget about my International Giveaway for the UK paperback copy! Jerusalem Giveaway
    • I am extending this giveaway one more week until Friday October 7th!
  • Summerlong by: Peter S. Beagle 
    • I am about halfway done with this book, I received it through NetGalley and Tachyon Publishing group. I will be completing this one first this month as it is much much shorter than Jerusalem.
  • Americanah by: Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
    • This book I was kindly sent by Social Book Co. who are a reviewing company based out of the UK I believe. They will send reviewers free copies of any book, regardless of when it is published as long as you review it within an allotted time frame, I will make a post about their company soon!
    • The review for this will be live on October 10th
    • Page Count: 588
Diversity Spotlight Reading: 
  • The Sellout by: Paul Beaty 
    • Page Count: 289
    • This is one of the ManBooker shortlisted works for this year, and I read the first few pages of this book in the shop and I fell in love. I will hopefully be getting to this book for my Diversity spotlight segment for October. 
  • Shelter by: Jung Yun
    • Page Count: 336
    • I saw this one on Simon of SavidgeReads YouTube channel and I had to get my hands on a copy! When I saw that the local library had it I jumped on the opportunity to read it!
    • This is also going to be seen in my Diversity Spotlight!
  • In Order to Live by: Yeonmi Park
    • Page Count: 267
    • This book I gifted to a friend last year, and with all of her rave bantering about how amazing and harrowing this story is, I must read it and see for myself what the hype is all about. 
    • This also will be featured in my Diversity Spotlight post for October.
  • I am Malala by: Malala Yousafzai
    • Page Count: 244 pages left to read. 
    • This was a book that I had started for the DiversAThon and I did not complete it during that time, though I am learning so much while hearing her story. 

Fantasy & Sci-Fi: 
  • Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by: Robin Sloan
    • Page Count: 288
    • This was my book club's September pick which I was sadly unable to read in the month.
  • The Obelisk Gate by: NK Jemisin 
    • Page Count: 391
    • This is the eagerly anticipated sequel to The Fifth Season which I read earlier this year! I cannot wait to read this and see where Jemisin is going to take the story next.
  • The Guns of Ivrea by: Clifford Beal 
    • Page Count: 479 
    • I saw this book on Twitter months ago and I bought it finally right before I moved into University and I am so excited to read about the court intrigue and pirates that are laced throughout this book!
Halloween Night Read: 
  • The Green Mile by: Stephen King
    • Page Count: 462
    • I read the first section of this and was chilled to the bone! I need to know what happens next and Halloween is the perfect night to scare the heck out of myself!


Happy Reading!
What are you all going to be reading this month?

Comments

Popular Posts