So as you all will know if you have been with my blog for a few years, in the colder months October- February is when I get a large portion of my reading. So we are in that time window right now! Get ready for a multitude of reviews and very exciting posts coming soon! This month I am carrying over three books and I will fill the rest with a wide selection so I can choose, however it is likely that not all of these will be completed in October.
I know it is ambitious, and quite daunting but I have faith in myself.
- Jerusalem by: Alan Moore
- I am halfway done with this book, if I get a weekend soon I will wrap it up very quickly! Again I was kindly sent the ARC by the publisher Liveright, so thanks to them I am able to read and review it for you all!
- Do not forget about my International Giveaway for the UK paperback copy! Jerusalem Giveaway
- I am extending this giveaway one more week until Friday October 7th!
- Summerlong by: Peter S. Beagle
- I am about halfway done with this book, I received it through NetGalley and Tachyon Publishing group. I will be completing this one first this month as it is much much shorter than Jerusalem.
- Americanah by: Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
- This book I was kindly sent by Social Book Co. who are a reviewing company based out of the UK I believe. They will send reviewers free copies of any book, regardless of when it is published as long as you review it within an allotted time frame, I will make a post about their company soon!
- The review for this will be live on October 10th
- Page Count: 588
Diversity Spotlight Reading:
- The Sellout by: Paul Beaty
- Page Count: 289
- This is one of the ManBooker shortlisted works for this year, and I read the first few pages of this book in the shop and I fell in love. I will hopefully be getting to this book for my Diversity spotlight segment for October.
- Shelter by: Jung Yun
- Page Count: 336
- I saw this one on Simon of SavidgeReads YouTube channel and I had to get my hands on a copy! When I saw that the local library had it I jumped on the opportunity to read it!
- This is also going to be seen in my Diversity Spotlight!
- In Order to Live by: Yeonmi Park
- Page Count: 267
- This book I gifted to a friend last year, and with all of her rave bantering about how amazing and harrowing this story is, I must read it and see for myself what the hype is all about.
- This also will be featured in my Diversity Spotlight post for October.
- I am Malala by: Malala Yousafzai
- Page Count: 244 pages left to read.
- This was a book that I had started for the DiversAThon and I did not complete it during that time, though I am learning so much while hearing her story.
Fantasy & Sci-Fi:
- Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by: Robin Sloan
- Page Count: 288
- This was my book club's September pick which I was sadly unable to read in the month.
- The Obelisk Gate by: NK Jemisin
- Page Count: 391
- This is the eagerly anticipated sequel to The Fifth Season which I read earlier this year! I cannot wait to read this and see where Jemisin is going to take the story next.
- The Guns of Ivrea by: Clifford Beal
- Page Count: 479
- I saw this book on Twitter months ago and I bought it finally right before I moved into University and I am so excited to read about the court intrigue and pirates that are laced throughout this book!
Halloween Night Read:
- The Green Mile by: Stephen King
- Page Count: 462
- I read the first section of this and was chilled to the bone! I need to know what happens next and Halloween is the perfect night to scare the heck out of myself!
What are you all going to be reading this month?