Here in the US it is Thanksgiving tomorrow and like many people around the world, this year has taken its toll on me. I am not able to even comprehend all of the issues and changes that we have gone through this yea; though I can comprehend and express what I am thankkful for in this world. The bookish community in particular has given me the hope and safety net that I needed in order to get through this whirlwind of a year, here are some things that I am thankful for:
- My readers!
- Without you wonderful people across the world my ramblings about books would just be a noise into the void that it the internet. You, yes you! Everyone of you who click into read this blog has changed my life in a wildly positive way, you all give me a purpose and outlet for my creative thoughts on literature.
- Thank You, for just being you!
- This may seem obvious that I would be thankful for those people who make the physical objects that I love so much, though truly every publisher has helped make this world a better place this year! Regardless of the views your company prints, you are giving voices to everyone who wants a platform to speak. Some of my favorites this year are Liveright, Torr, and Thomas Dunn Books, and many more. Each one of these publishers has released a book that has changed me for the better this year.
- The people at my local bookstores, both here and at University have done such an incredible job at making my reading experience enjoyable and giving me a nice place to go and escape for the day. The booksellers have the personalities and comforting space that I have found solace in this year, to these people I say Thank You!
- Some booksellers I want to shout out are:
- Authors everywhere
- You all write the stories that allow us as readers to escape and gain the knowledge that this world has to offer. I know this is generic, but two authors in particular who I need to thank is Jack Urwin, man you can write a compelling non-fiction book that illustrates some key workings of my father and brother's dynamic. I also must thank the amazing Thomas Olde Heuvelt for writing a book that scared the crap out of me and also gave me so many conflicting emotions that I was drained, you guys rock!
I know this may seem quite generic, but truly there are so many people to thank that I could not fit them all into a post, chances are if you are reading this, I am thankful for all that you do and your support of this blog! I hope you all are able to cuddle up with friends and family today and just enjoy company and lasting memories.
Check in Friday to see my very exciting day that I had on Tuesday, it is political, it is bookish, it is Bernie filled!