Plot At a Glance: ( Everyone and their Dog have read this so I will briefly show plot.)
- Cancer Kids
- This was an uplifting and hope nurturing novel, it showed me some of the more simplistic joys of life that I have been forgetting.
- Shows life struggles in a very realistic way.
- Listen to Gus he has some stellar life advice laced throughout...
In general I feel that contemporary characters are less relatable than Fantasy characters, don't ask why because I have no idea. But to me I feel that contemporary characters and these in particular almost blend into an average "Cancer Story" which I do not think was Green's goal. They did have their redeeming qualities to me including their unwavering love and cliché sayings and nerdy thoughts on the books they read.
Why I Rated 4 Stars:
- I have been blessed to not directly feel the loss of a person due to cancer, which made all this more new and peculiar to me.
- The characters seemed to be to much to the extreme with their love, I liked it none the less, however it got under my skin a few times.
- OTHER THAN THOSE FEW ISSUES THE BOOK WAS INCREDIBLE!
Recommendation: I would still recommend Looking For Alaska more than this book, however this is slightly behind and is still amazing>>>
(My Diner Date with Gus and Hazel :))