Non-Fiction November TBR

Non-Fiction November 
TBR

I know I am a little late in posting my reading pile for this upcoming month, however, I just returned from Canada and am only now getting around to posting the non-fiction books that I am hoping to get to in November. I will be reading fiction books as well throughout the month, though I wanted to leave something as a surprise for you all to see as the month progresses. 

Non-fiction November was created by Olive from ABookOlive on YouTube and another co-host (who's name I am forgetting at this time). The goal of this month is to just read more non-fiction than you otherwise normally do, yes this is a relative prompt based on each reader. For me this means that I need to read at least one non-fiction book this month to be counted as a participant. Where is the fun in just one book, I am going to attempt to read four!

  1. Give War and Peace a Chance by: Andrew D. Kaufman 
    1. This book is just discussing the themes, characters and reasons why someone should read War and Peace. Since I finished War and Peace in August I have been itching to read more about the time period and Tolstoy himself, so here is where I will begin. 
    2. Page Count: 220
  2. Another Day in the Death of America by: Gary Younge 
    1. This book is written by a British man looking in at one random day in American history and reporting on all of the gun violence and deaths in that day. Together I believe there were ten on the day he chose, many children and teens. This book is something that is important today with the state of our nation and our world it is time to consider regulations. Having grown up around guns for hunting I am curious to see how I feel about the points that are discussed in this book. 
    2. Page Count: 282
  3. October by: China Mieville 
    1. This book is a history of the 1917 Russian Revolution. I am fascinated with Russia and the political systems that it has gone through over the years, and this non-fiction book is written by someone who I trust in the fiction world so I am eager to see how he tackles historical analysis. 
    2. Page Count: 320
  4. We Were Eight Years in Power by: Ta-Nehisi Coates
    1. This book is an essay collection discussing the eight years in which President Obama was in office, and the struggles he faced as the country's first African American President. With the current political climate I am yearning for the days of yore so the best I can do is to revisit them through this book.
    2. Page Count: 367
This is going to be a challenge to complete all of these non-fiction books this month as well as the fiction books that I am in the middle of and would like to finish. However, if I keep my head down and off of Netflix for the remainder of the month I should be able to do it! 

Daily Page Goal: 48 pages 

What are your favorite non-fiction reads? 

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts