End of the Year TBR

End of the Year Reading Stack:
2017

Today, I bring you the small stack of books that I would like to complete before the end of 2017. I know that if I push myself that I could read more than this pile, though I would like to leave those choices open. There is exactly one month and eight days left in 2017, to finish the books that I am currently reading. That being said, I am going to end the year strong and complete everything that I have half read in recent time. 

The books I am going to attempt to complete are:
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by: Joanna Cannon
    • This one is a slow burning literary mystery set in england which I started for the #Autumnreadathon and still need to finish. I am enjoying the plot, though for a while I felt it was too slow.
  • The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by: Jen Campbell
    • This is Jen's first adult collection of short stories that I just picked up and cannot wait to finish. These stories are exactly as you would expect Jen to write them, with wimsy and magic! This magical fairytale-esque collection is a sure favorite.
  • Frankenstein by: Mary Shelley
    • This book is one that I picked up to read alongside Jen's short story collection because it has clearly impacted her writing process, with a quote from it in the beginning of her collection. I am thoroughly enjoying the ride through this classic tale, and ever more shocked with how much it differs from common ideas surrounding Frankenstein.
  • Winter by: Ali Smith 
    • This is the second book in Smith's seasonal quartet of novels depicting the current political and social climates. I absolutely adored her first novel in this quartet, Autumn, which I read earlier this year. This book should creep even farther into my heart, with the subject matter surrounding winter and the holiday season. 
  • CUP by: Robert Wills and Rachel Kasper
    • This is a self published novel which was written by a local team about a disabled woman's struggles in England in the year 1925. This is something I began several months ago, however, I have not made much progress in it since. The language and character development in this novel is astounding; I eagerly await my return to the story. 
  • The Little Friend by: Donna Tartt
    • This is the second novel from the author who wrote The Secret History that I just completed and loved! I am eager to read her entire collection which I intend to read in chronological order, leaving this to be my second novel to read. 
These are the six books that I would love to finish before the end of 2017. I do not know if I can complete these books, but I am going to have fun trying! In 2018 I will have many more reading adventures and challenges to complete, so I need to take this time and read everything I want prior to January 1st.

What are you all hoping to complete before the end of 2017?

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts