A Mini Vacation TBR

My Mini Vacation
TBR

As of writing this, I am a mear hour away from leaving the United States for a school trip for a few days. I am heading to the Algonquin National Park in Ontario Canada for the next few days to experience the wilderness that is found there and to late compare it with the local Adirondack Park where I am studying this semester. So naturally, with a 5.5 hour drive ahead of me (I will be a passenger) I needed to select a few books to keep me entertained on the long ride there and back. Here are the two novels I am bringing: 

  1. The Secret History by: Donna Tartt 
    1. This is one of my fivestar prediction novels, which I began to read earlier this week and I am absolutely hooked. I would honestly be okay reading just this one massive 629 page book for the 11 hours I will be in the car, but a reader has to have options. This book is a slow burning exploration of friendship, class, the study of Greek Language, and why murder occurs; if that does not hook you initially I do not know what will! Also it is set in a fictitious town in my home state of Vermont, I could not ask for more!
  2. A Summer of Drowning by: John Burnside
    1. This too is one of my five star predicted books, however I am bringing it with me for an entirely different reason. Jen Campbell on YouTube recommended that this novel be consumed in one sitting in a place where time can slip away. I think that being in this remote part of Canada will aid in helping the theory of time to slip away and give me the immersive experience that I am searching for.
Those are the two novels which I will be reading during my time in Canada for the next three days, I hope you all have a great reading week and I will chat again when I return to the States. We hope to hear wolves and see them on this trip as well as just exploring the beauty of the region, wish us luck!

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts