Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I was tagged to do this by Jayne. I am not in any way trying to insult of degrade someone for their choice in books, this is genuinely my opinion only and is not meant to harm anyones beliefs or thoughts on books.


1. A popular Book or Series that you did not like?
  • The Fault in Our Stars By:John Green 
    • While this books was something of an emotional rollercoaster, I felt the writing was too straightforward; and the romance was an insta-love scenario which I cannot stand in my books... I can see why the projected audience may like it by the sickly sweet love is not for me...
  • The Shatter Me Trilogy By: Tahereh Mafi 
    • This series was great until the third book Ignite Me, once again it was too love interest focused as the books progressed. However I LOVED Unravel Me, with its intrigue and suspense, along with the powers seen in that novel! I swear I am NOT cold hearted but love in books just does not quite do it for me sometimes.





















2. An Unpopular Book or Series that everyone seems to hate but you love?

  1. The Power of One By: Bryce Courtenay 
    1. This novel isn't hated, however among the fantasy and Sci-Fi reading community is not seen. This novel has one of the most compelling coming of age stories in it that I have ever read! This novel follows PeeKay a young Boer boy growing up in Africa, and the struggles he is forced to go through to achieve his goal of becoming a boxer; after all hell breaks loose at the boarding school he goes to. This is a novel that everyone should read, regardless what genre you like because there is something in it for everyone!

3. A Love triangle where the character ended up with the person you did not want them to?

  1. The Hunger Games Trilogy By: Suzanne Collins
    1. Katniss and Peeta, No. Enough said.


4. A Popular genre you hardly reach for?

  1. Literary Fiction
    1. It is something that I would like to get into, however i do not know where to start?

5. A Beloved character you do not like?
  1. Holden Caulfield (Catcher in the Rye) 
    1. This man is someone who has all the angst in the world and no where to place it, and as a teen I have never had any such issues or angst as he has had, therefore I was unable to connect with him and hated his character! 

6. A popular author you cant seem to get into?

  1. John Green 
    1. Sorry to say this, because as a human being he is amazing and doing some amazing things for the world. However his writing style just rubs the wrong way for me, not to mention contemporary YA is not my go to genre.




7. A Popular book trope you are getting tired of seeing?

  1. Poorly done love triangles
    1. As I said I am not heartless. But the idea of being torn between two loves is something that is completely illogical and would not occur in real life, therefore I find it very difficult to agree with and see as realistically happening.

8. A Popular Series you have no intention to read?

  1. Outlander By: Dianna Gabaldon

9.  The saying goes "The Book is always Better than the movie" But I found that this book was better than the movie.

  1. The City of Ember By:Jeanne DuPrau

ALL PHOTOS FOUND WERE TAKEN FROM GOODREADS.COM UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE>>>

Comments

Popular Posts