- Novels that are written and marketed towards a Young Adult audience.
What I feel the Characteristics are for YA:
This topic was brought up in a conversation I was having where one of my friends was bringing up the point that when we as reviewers call a novel YA it can come off as being derogatory, however that is not what most of us mean.
- When I say a novel is YA I mean:
- It is fast paced
- Lighter/easier writing style
- Characters are driven by plot, not necessarily based on relationships and development.
- I do not feel that if I am to call a novel YA, I am simply reffering to the pacing and items listed above, i do not mean to attack them...
Please leave a comment down bellow with your thoughts an opinions on this "YA Debate".... I would love to hear from all of you!