The Costs of Reading RANT!
Hello, I am prefacing the following with the fact that I acknowledge that all people involved in the making of a book must thrive and pay bills and I am in no way taking this to attack any author or publishing company... Because without them i could not read!
- Adult books range from $20+
- Why!? this style of pricing is ridiculous, they are essentially the same formatting as a Young Adult novel just with mature content or a slightly longer plot with larger vocabularies. If you want people to read Adult make it affordable for them, and not by forcing them to strain their eyes in the floppy over priced Mass market editions!
- Young Adult Ranging from $10-18
- If this is something that you want younger readers to have access to, great thank you for making them cheaper, but it is not good that they are so drastically different. Readers in general love to read new and exciting materials so they will be forced to pick up new books in Hardcover which is more!?
- First Published in Hardback
- Look Publishing houses I love and honestly prefer hardbacks for how durable they are, however i love reading paperbacks, yet when I am going out to buy a new novel it is only in the hardback that is double the price of the paperback which will come out later in the year. Lets take a lesson from the UK and release both on the same day
- They are extremely cheap, however if you are like me you are OCD about the editions and heights matching, so these can be difficult to order online, although if i can get over that used books are so amazing!
In Short if reading is so important to the future of the country and we need to utilize this skill to better ourselves by reading many of the poor sections of the US cannot support the habit of reading as I am blessed to do, which i will have some Giveaways soon!
USE YOUR LIBRARIES EVEN IF THEY ARE OUT OF THE WAY BECAUSE THEY NEED FUNDING TO WORK WHICH COMS FROM BEING BUSY, AND THE BOOKS ARE LENT FOR FREE!