March 2021 #InvisibleCities Countries

 March 2021 Countries: 


Happy New Year all! 

    What a strange year 2020 was. My life endured many changes, a global pandemic, working for UPS instead of in my field of study (Biology and Environmental Policy), living at home with my parents, submitting a paper for academic review, and making wonderful friends online who helped to create #InvisibleCities. The vast majority of 2020 has been an experience of great growth, be it politically, socially, and my conviction to work in environmental conservation, though I am looking forward to moving into 2021 with a clean slate. 

    This is not a reflection post, that is coming, so I will move into the substance of this post! I am here to announce the countries for March 2021. I know it is early, however, we are moving swiftly to allow everyone the time to select and attain books for the selected countries. 

    The countries for March are...


  • Iraq
  • Libya 
  • Mexico
    For the month of March, I will be reading from Iraq! I have selected Iraq because the Middle East is a region that I know very little about, for that reason I know I am susceptible to western stereotypes (to an extent) and I would like to change that through experiencing their culture through literature. I would like to read at a minimum of two books from Iraq, one non-fiction historical account of the country, and one a literary masterpiece from the country. 

Keep your eyes peeled for my TBR as we inch closer to March!

Comments

Popular Posts