May 2021 Country Announcement

 #InvisibleCitiesProject

May 2021 Countries


    Well you know what they say, "better late than never". I am sure many of you have seen the announcement for May from my co-hosts that went live earlier today. Each month I am positively surprised with the amazing books that I find, I know May will be no different. The countries for May are: 



  1. Madagascar
  2. Romania
  3. North Korea
    During the month of May I will be focussing on Romania! I recognize this is the country with the most available books in translation, however that is not why I have selected to focus on it during May. I am fascinated by eastern European culture and food, predominantly Russia though I am eager to explore neighboring countries. 
    A friend of mine has conducted environmental research on Lemurs in Madagascar, she fell in love with the Island and has told me many stories of the island that made me want to visit. Given that international travel, or interstate travel is not advised during the current pandemic, I am going to take the plunge and read a piece from the Island to travel there between the covers.
    I will share my pile of books for May as soon as I decide, stay tuned.


Comments

Popular Posts