#InvisibleCitiesProject 2020 New Releases Wishlist!

     Writing posts where I list books that I am excited about is not always fun for anyone, however, I hope you all can find something to be excited about in this post. There are countless books that were published in the past year that I am excited about, but this list will highlight a select few translated fiction that I intend to purchase and read in the coming months! 

  • Self-Portrait with Russian Piano by: Wolf Wondratschek 
  • Snow, Foot, Dog by: Claudio Morandini 
  • Ankomst by: Gohril Gabrielson 
  • The Pear Field by: Nana Ekvtimishvili 
  • The Lying Life of Adults by: Elena Ferrante 
  • The Black Cathedral by: Marcial Gala
  • Grove by: Esther Kinsky
  • A Man's Place by: Annie Ernaux
  • London Under Snow by: Jordi Llavina
  • A Luminous Republic by: Andres Barba
  • The Discomfort of Evening by: Marieka Lucas Rijnevelt
  • The Magnificent Conman of Cairo by: Adel Kamel 
  • Gold Dust by: Ibrahim Al-koni
    As 2020 progresses I am learning that I have the attention span of a squirrel when it comes to reading and books this year therefore my list reflects my interests at this moment in time. 

    When purchasing these books, please attempt to find them in independent shops when possible. I use BookDepository links because they offer free worldwide shipping which is beneficial in areas where bookshops are not present. 

Comments

  1. Happy to see Portrait with Russian Piano appear on several of our lists! Grove and Discomfort of Evening are also books I hope to get to in the near future. And anything by Annie Ernaux - I keep hearing raves of all her nonfictional pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts