Man Booker 2018 Reading Plans

2018 Reading Plans

As promised, I am back today to list the order in which I will be attempting to read the Man Booker 2018 Longlist. My general strategy is to get through the books that I am most excited for and those which I think will make it on through to the Shortlist first, and then move into the others. My senior year at university will commence on August 24th when I move in. For that reason I will be attempting to tackle the largest and most exciting books before diving headlong into moving back to school. 

Round One: 
These books I will attempt to complete before arriving to school on the 24th of August, others may be added to this list depending on when my order arrives from Book Depository. 
  1. Washington Black by: Esi Edugyan
  2. From a Low and Quiet Sea by: Donal Ryan
  3. Milkman by: Anna Burns
  4. Snap by: Belinda Bauer
These books are in round one because I was either graciously provided with an advanced copy from the publisher, as is the case with Washington Black, or have found them on audiobook. 

Round Two: 
These heavy hitters are arriving all the way from the U.K., so I cannot begin reading them as soon as I would like. 
  1. The Overstory by: Richard Powers
  2. Warlight by: Michael Ondatjee
  3. The Long Take by: Robin Robertson
  4. The Mars Room by: Rachel Kushner
These are the books that I will have in my possession for the first two rounds of reading, which I hope to have completed before September 20th when the Shortlist will be announced. These eight novels will surely take me through an emotional journey with their hard hitting themes and clean writing. Around September 20th, I will place my order for the remaining books in which I will have to read to complete the Longlist. 

I hope you all will join in with reading the Man Booker 2018's shocking and exciting new Longlist! I am especially looking forward to Washington Black, Snap, The Long Take, and The Overstory

I will be back in a few days with another reading recap to showcase my recent reads!

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts