Here We Go...

It has been a while since I have posted, to say the least.

I am here today to chat about my absence and to discuss what you all will find coming from the blog in the upcoming weeks. As many of you know, I am currently a Junior student studying Biology at university, needless to say this is taking up a lot of my time. This semester I am taking fifteen credit hours of work, I am working a part-time job,  trying to maintain some shard of a social life, and read for fun. Needless to say, my blogging has gone by the wayside and become sporadic at best. Starting in March 2018 I intend to work my way back to blogging twice a week. Posting twice a week is a realistic goal with my homework schedule, which is heavily writing based this term.

Coming back to a conventional university setting after my semester of experiential learning in the most beautiful place on earth, the Adirondack Park in New York, it has been difficult to maintain a balance and find my footing again. Living in the Adirondack Park provided a plethora of opportunities for me to explore in nature through, hiking, paddling, and swimming which is something that I love to do equally as much as reading. Having such beautiful country to explore in my backyard provided a sense of grounding and recreation for the entire semester and allowed for a stress relief period daily, back in a conventional setting I am just wound tighter than a clock. Stress is not conducive for learning, enjoyment, or in my case, reading. I have a very type A personality where everything needs an order, and all my assignments have to be organized and checked off as they are completed, and here I do not have a method to turn my brain off from assigned work. Not having an off switch forces me to only partially focus on "reading for fun" which in turn means that I miss aspects of the story; to find my peace and relaxation again
I really need to go for a hike and read on the summit of a mountain. That is not likely to happen soon since everything is a frozen wonderland right now.

Spending time decompressing and thinking about life at Duck Hole, Adirondack Park. (Fall 2017)

Regardless of stress levels, or my wishes to go for a hike through the peaks I have come to love so much, I have read some amazing novels since I posted last and I am here to discuss them. In the coming weeks you can expect to see:

  • My March To Be Read (TBR) list
  • Lonesome Dove by: Larry McMurtry Review
  • The End We Start From by: Megan Hunter Review
  • 2018 Goal Update
    • They are not going well in the least. I think I bit off WAY more than I can handle for this year, so it is time to re-evaluate.
These are the posts that I have planned for the foreseeable future, however, I expect once I begin blogging again I will have much more to discuss. I will be back in a few days with my March TBR and plan to tackle those goals. 

Thank you all for continuously checking in on the blog and being so supportive of my now unintentionally sporadic posting schedule.

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular Posts