Invisible Cities December Hiatus

 Good morning everyone! 


In typical MyBookishEmpire fashion I am coming to you slightly later than scheduled to announce the plans for Invisible Cities in December 2021. The entire team behind this project has decided that we will take a hiatus during December, and use it as a month to catch up con countries we may have missed, or wanted to explore further. 


During the month I plan on actually delving into Peru, and Nigeria as I did not read anything for those countries. Peru has been a particular fascination of mine since I could read, because of the diverse flora and fauna found in the Amazon rainforest. It’s landscape and rich history have made me want to visit for as long as I can remember. I particularly would like to explore Nigeria because I have yet to read any of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi’s full length novels and this will be the perfect time to do so, in addition to the many other fascinating titles I found when I was doing research for that country. If I have time I would like to read another novel in the Palace Walk trilogy by Nguib Mahfouz as I enjoyed book one so much when we explored Egypt. Shhh, don’t tell anyone but that book was definitely in my top books of the year. 


Happy Reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts