August InvisibleCitiesProject Countries Announcement

 InvisibleCitiesProject: August 2021 Country Announcement


I am back once again on the first of the month to announce our #InvisibleCitiesProject countries two months in advance. While the pandemic is slowly getting under control, some markets and suppliers still can be slow with deliveries so we have opted to give you all as much time to find books to suite each country you wish to read. August comes with a slight change to the project. Instead of selecting three countries to read/watch from in a given month, we are dropping it to just two. The hosts felt that three simply was too much chaos for everyone to try to participate in all countries (ourselves included). Without further ado, the countries for August 2021 are: 

  1. Nigeria 
  2. South Korea
While I am equally excited to read from both countries, I am going to spend as much time diving into Nigerian literature as possible. I will start out the month by reading Americanah by: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, while yes it is not translated I am picking it up because Adichie is a Nigerian author and I have been putting off Americanah for the "perfect day" for far too long. Check in later on to see what else I am hoping to read during the month of August!

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts