Blog Changes/ Where have I been?

Where Have I Been?

As I am sure you are all aware of, I have not been around or posting on my blog for some time. There are several reasons for this, and I would like to explain my long hiatus and hopefully how I am coming back. 

I stopped blogging around May of 2017 due to school related conflicts, as many of you who have attended Uni know, May is the time for final exams. These tests took hours of my otherwise free time because I needed to study and prepare for them. Without the little free time I have grown accustomed to in University I was unable to read anything and therefor I felt I had nothing to say through blogging. Now I realize that there was always something that I could talk about from the publishing industry or about the releases I was excited to read, however I felt it would be boring for you all to consistently see that I was unable to read so I stopped blogging altogether.

Throughout the summer I was conducting research with my university which took up most of my reading time. However, in the little time that I did have each day I took the time to read War & Peace by: Leo Tolstoy. I know, I know you are all probably thinking why would you read that, you love science fiction and fantasy so much. The truth is, while I do love science fiction and fantasy that I also love literary fiction and classics. Because that is not what my blog was branded as, or what my followers came to see, it was not something that I read much of or explored before this past summer except for school books. I took this summer to throw my brand to the wind and just read what I felt like reading, oddly enough it was a 1,200 page 19th century Russian classic. Reading this tome took me two solid months to complete, in that time I read nothing else therefore I did not blog just to have each post only state that I made some small amount of progress in War & Peace. After taking the time to read what grabbed my attention I don't think I could force myself back into the routine of reviewing solely Science fiction and Fantasy, though I will still read and enjoy those genres.

Currently I am studying at a new university in one of the most beautiful regions of the world, the Adirondack Mountains in New York state. While studying here we as students are encouraged to explore the surrounding wilderness and hike as much as we can, with hiking a lot comes loss of reading time. To combat the loss of reading time while hiking I am going to pack in a book to each place that I go to and read at the summit of the mountain. Here are some images of mountains that I recently hiked: 



Blog Changes

With reading multiple genres comes a less specialized blog setting, and I think that is where this blog is going. I will still be reading and reviewing everything that I complete, especially the science fiction and fantasy works, however the reviews may be sporadic since the novels I am reading may be more time consuming. Aside from reviewing different genres, the layout and design of my blog has changed as well. This is to reflect my love for fantasy with the portrayal of castles, my love of Russian literature in the onion domes in the distance, and my love of all books with its general theme. This amazing new logo was designed by my good friend, Kaitlin who has the YouTube channel Kitty G. Her artwork has inspired my before in the production of my bookmarks, and now in the design of my blog, I cannot thank her enough for her time and effort that she put into this new logo.

Aside from the design changes, I will also be changing my posting schedule for each week. I used to post Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; however that will now be changed to Sundays and Wednesdays. My hope for only posting twice a week is that I will have more to say on the days in which I do post, and so that I can have more time to read and enjoy the books. I hope that these minute changes will not deter you from having a look around the blog. I will see you soon with a review of War & Peace and Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812, a Broadway production.


See you on Wednesday!
Happy Reading.

Comments

Popular Posts