Carry On REVIEW

Carry On Review 
By: Rainbow Rowell 

At long last I have finished Carry On by: Rainbow Rowell! I am going to give you guys this review today which is a bit late from my normal publishing days, I will still have a post up for tomorrow.

Plot: "Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.
 "(goodreads)

Characters:
  • This book holds some amazing characters!
  • Baz and Simon are amazing! These characters and their romance is done very well, while at times they all can be whiny and slightly angsty.
  • The women seen in this book, Agatha and Penelope have the dry and witty Brittish sense of humor that I have come to love :) 
  • This author has written characters that are so real to me, they act as someone who we all have known, even thought they have Mage abilities.
General: 
  • Fast pacing!
  • Harry Potter Nostalgia.
  • Fun and very quirky, holding messages of Gay relationships, friendship and growing up. All of these themes were handled very well.
  • Everyone read this book, it is the english countryside meets Harry Potter, and Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan!
Why I read this: I read this for the Booktube SFF Awards, and I am now going to move onto the rest of the awards show books, I am very happy to have read this! If this were not on the Shortlist I may not have picked this up sadly so I am hoping all of you will get into the mood and read this!

Rating: 4/5 stars


Comments

Popular Posts